I joined a gym yesterday, because I decided that in order to do any kind of cross training it's going to require me to have somewhere to cross train. And because I wanted to show the people that work at the gym and the other gym-goers that I'm not just another person that joins the gym to do nothing, I decided to get a long run in. I ran 5.25 miles at sub-10:00 pace, which is great for me, and then I cooled down up to 6.25 miles. So, yeah. I showed that gym who's boss.
...although I think there may have been a few people who thought I was crazy. Myself included.
The funny thing was that I had heard so many people talk about how terrible the treadmill is. How the miles just crawl by and how they'd rather run on the face of the sun than run on a treadmill. But in all honesty (and maybe I shouldn't admit this...), I didn't think it was that bad. Yes, it was a big slow going at first, but once I got in a groove I was feeling good. I even hit 4.25 and thought, 'oh, I thought I was at 3.25...' It's also so much cooler in that building than outside in Tampa. But, to stay acclimated with running outside I'll keep doing most of my running there...
And after my 5.25 miles yesterday, I didn't go today, because something special happened this morning. I will probably head back on Monday or Tuesday to do some actual cross-training.
And today marks 13 weeks out from the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon that will be my first half (and as of right now my first race ever...I should probably do something else first so that I get the idea of what a race is like...). I ran a bit in Boston, and I ran the Freedom Trail Run. I'll post about that tomorrow, because I have pictures to share! Yay! Can all 0 of you followers hardly wait?!

No comments:
Post a Comment