I'm not running today. I want to do some good running while I'm in Boston this week, so I wanted to rest today so that I wouldn't be sore for those runs. I'm most excited about the Freedom Trail Run I'll probably be doing. I say probably because I have to do an individual one because I won't be there for the group run, and I have to finalize reservations with the people in charge. He's been really helpful so far.
Since I'm leaving tomorrow, I've been looking for books to read to get me started running and understanding the ins and outs of running. There are so many things I don't know I don't know (read it as it's typed...I don't even know what I need to know).
I'm starting with Kara Goucher's Running for Women: From First Steps to Marathon
Then, because I'm a huge geek and adore SkinnyRunner, I ordered a shirt.
When I ordered, I asked her a few questions including any book recommendations. I was thrilled that she wrote me back. I won't go into the level of excitement I achieved. And she recommended a few that I've added to the list:
There were a few other's that I'll add to my list for later, but for now those are a few that looked good to me.
I also plan to pick up Runner's World and Runner's Times in the airport. As my boyfriend reminded me yesterday, "you can't go to the airport and not spend money." He clarified by saying he meant me personally, not everyone. Hm. He knows me too well.






I really want to read Kara Goucher's book. I've read a few blogger reviews and have it on my Amazon wishlist. Let me know how you like it!
ReplyDelete