I figured writing about running everyday on little girl in the big world would get a bit old, so I thought I would start my own inspired by running blog.
I haven't ever liked running, until March when I started the Couch to 5k program. I blame my new interest in running on that. It made me excited to get out the door, and it got me in shape so that I would be able to sustain a pace I was happy with for a long period of time. I have now run 4, 5, and 6 miles at that pace many times, and I'm so happy with myself.
My goal in writing this blog is simply to journal my running experiences and goals as I go.
My first goal is to run the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon on October 1st. It will end on October 2nd, my 26th birthday. I'll write here about my plans, workouts, the way I feel, and whatever else strikes my fancy.
For now, I'm working on picking out a half marathon training plan. I've looked at Hal Higdon, Runner's World, Fitness Magazine, and Jeff Galloway. They're all so different, and I don't even know what to look for to start with...
This morning I ran 3.05 miles in 32:33. That's a 10:39 pace. Clearly I'm not speedy.
I ran 5 miles on Wednesday, and I want to do my long run tomorrow morning or Sunday afternoon. I'm going to Boston on Sunday and thought running the Freedom Trail would be fun if I don't get lost along the way.
Congrats on finding your love for running! It's such a great sport to get into. I ran 2 marathons on the Runners World plan and I was plenty prepared before the races, but I wasn't burnt out, so that would be what I would recommend. I have heard good things about Galloway's plan too. Let me know how Kara Goucher's book is! I have been meaning to read it since it came out, but I haven't gotten a chance to! I don't read that many runner "books", but I do read a lot of articles. I love running, but I get bored with reading about it for a while, which is why I think Goucher's book will be good because it's about her life in general as well. Good luck with your running! You're doing awesome!
ReplyDelete